Welcome to your local community website...
These Rules are the conditions of entry to all Competitions conducted in or through the newspapers or other publications of Trinity Mirror plc and its subsidiaries ("TM") and on or through TM's websites. They apply together with but override any additional rules published in connection with any one Competition. Entry into any Competition is conditional upon and confirms acceptance of these Rules. In these Rules, "Competition(s)" includes games, promotions and the like and "Editor" or "Editors" means the editor(s) from time to time of the newspaper(s) and/or other publication(s) or websites through which a Competition is conducted.
1. Entry to any Competition may only be made in accordance with the specified instructions for entry published in print or online in conjunction with the Competition.
2. Unless otherwise stated, entrants may make as many entries to a Competition as they wish and where permitted entries may be made on photocopies of any original entry form.
3. Where postal entries are permitted only those carrying correct postage will be accepted and they must arrive no later than first post on the published closing date for the Competition. Entries received after this time and entries delivered by hand will not be accepted. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery and no responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or mislaid.
4. In the case of entry by means other than post no responsibility or liability will be accepted for entries which are not received or are lost in transmission for any reason. Proof of sending or transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible, inaudible or incomplete entries will be invalid.
5. Employees of TM, their agents or their families may not enter any Competition. Employees of any non TM party involved with the running of a particular Competition and their agents or their families may not enter that Competition. The Editor's decision as to the eligibility of non TM parties will be final.
6. In pay-to-enter Competitions each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee paid in accordance with the instructions published in conjunction with each Competition. In the absence of any specific instruction payment may be made only by bank or building society.
7. All entries, photographs, and other material submitted as part of a Competition entry shall become the property of TM and in submitting such material the entrant grants TM a licence to reproduce it. TM has the right to publish such material in whole or in party or use it in any way without the permission of the entrant or payment for such use but subject always to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1988.
8. Unless otherwise stated, TM accepts no responsibility for the return of entries, photographsor other personal effects or for loss or damage to such items. Where TM offers to return entries, they must be accompanied by a suitable addressed envelope together with the appropriate postage. Under no circumstances does TM accept responsibility for the safe return of any material or its return in an undamaged condition or any liability for loss of or damage to such material.
9. Except where it is expressly stated that all Competition entries will be examined and the prize or prizes will be awarded to the entry/entries the judges consider to be the best or that some other mechanism will be applied the winner will be the first correct entry drawn after the Competition closes from the total entries submitted. Other prizes will be awarded in accordance with the order of priority stated in the rules of the Competition.
10. The Editors reserve the right to change the rules applicable to any Competition or to void any Competition at any time and for any reason. In the event that any Competition is so voided, all entries fees will be returned.
11. In the event of an error of any nature howsoever caused and whether obvious or otherwise which affects a Competition in any way, Editors reserve the right to administer the Competition as though the error had not occurred. Where Editors deem it appropriate and/or feasible TM will notify entrants of the error and correct it either through the newspapers or through any other suitable medium.